After the young prince, Maharana Jagat Singh II of Udaipur, was caught frolicking at moonlight picnics with ladies of the ‘zenana ( the private chambers of the court ) ’, he built his own pleasure palace on Lake Pichola. The Maharana ( ruler ) called this palace which he built in 1746, Jag Niwas. Jag Niwas is today the majestic and magnificent Taj Lake Palace of Udaipur.
Restored to its pristine glory, this spectacular palace became world renowned when the James Bond film ‘Octopussy’ was filmed at it. It was the secluded lair of the film’s eponymous Bond Girl. This heritage hotel has 66 luxurious rooms and 17 grand suites. Its location on an island in the midst of a lake affords every room breathtaking views of the neighbouring City Palace, Aravalli Hills, Machla Magra Hills and Jag Mandir.
The incomparable location provides the perfect backdrop for the exquisite cuisines at the elegant restaurants of Taj Lake Palace. These are open only to resident guests. Signature speciality restaurants at this palace serves a choice of cuisines. Neel Kamal for authentic Rajasthani and other dishes from India; and the seasonally open-air Bhairo for contemporary European delicacies. In the evening, indulge in signature martinis, cocktails and a grand collection of premium international spirits at the bar, Amrit Sagar.
Continue your being pampered as a royal at Jiva Spa, with a spa boat experience like no other. Carefully created treatments draw on the ancient wellness heritage of India, and the fabled lifestyle and savoir vivre of Indian royalty.
This palace continues the tradition of grand soirees and formal levees which were hosted here by the royal family of Udaipur. Meetings and Incentives at Taj Lake Palace are like no where else in the world. Where else can you meet at a palace in the middle of a lake. And this most romantic of hotels, is the ideal venue for fairytale weddings and magical honeymoons.
Known as the Venice of the East, the city of Udaipur, with its elaborate palaces, serene lakes, exotic temples and resplendent gardens, has a lot to offer. Our concierge would be happy to assist you in making arrangements, and plan a special tour of the city of lakes in one of our vintage
Distinctly designed to capture a different mood and period, each of the 66 rooms and 17 suites at Taj Lake Palace in Udaipur offers stunning views.
At the Taj lake palace you have a choice of enjoying your meal at four stunning restaurants serving authentic regional and International flavours.
• Ploh feather duvet & mattress top Portico & Bombay Dyeing 230 thread count bed linen
• Softer beds & hard boards on request
• Pillow & quilt menu
• Forest Essentials bath amenities
• Lit makeup mirror, hair dryer & scale
• Cypress waffle bathrobes & slippers
• Suit, skirt & padded hangers
• Bath menu & bath salts
• Bath setup at nominal charge
• Rollaway or Extra Beds are available on additional charge on a per night basis
• Infant cribs for infants aged 0-2 years available on request on complimentary basis
• Complimentary basic Wi-Fi
• Premium Wi-Fi at nominal charge
• Large flat-screen TV
• DVD player
• Multi-media port & LAN adaptor
• Bedroom & bathroom
• Tea-coffee maker
• Yoga kit
• Well-stocked minibar
• Electronic safe
• 24-hour personalised butler service
• Complimentary fruit basket
• Choice of smoking & non-smoking rooms
• Dual-line telephones with voicemail & data capabilities
• Twice daily housekeeping & also on request
• Daily turndown service
• Complimentary newspapers
• 24-hour in-room dining
• 24-hour laundry service
• Iron & ironing board on request
• 24-hour on-call doctor & nurse