The Taj Mahal Palace opened in Mumbai, then Bombay, in 1903, giving birth to the country’s first harbour landmark. The flagship hotel of Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces overlooks the majestic Gateway of India.This legendary luxury hotel has played host to kings, dignitaries and eminent personalities from across the globe, and is acknowledged as a world leader in hospitality. Each of the rooms 550 rooms & suites between the palace and tower wing is a striking blend of nostalgic elegance, rich history and modern facilities.
Strategically located in Mumbai’s prime historical and commercial hub, The Taj Mahal Palace is walking distance from Colaba Causeway, known for its touristy tiny roadside shops. The city’s financial hub, parliament, stadium, offices and shopping districts are all located within close proximity; as is a flourishing art and heritage precinct with must visit museums, art galleries, churches and synagogues. The airports are an hour away.
For those who would like to experience fine dining in style, we host 10 of the city’s most acclaimed restaurants and bars, renowned for delectable cuisines from India, Europe, the Middle East and the Orient. Relish authentic Indian cuisine at Masala Kraft; world famous Japanese dishes at Wasabi by Morimoto; exquisite Eastern Mediterranean at Souk and Chinese at Golden Dragon.Dine all day at Shamiana and choose from the exotic range of sumptuous desserts at La Patisserie. Unwind with a refreshing meal at Aquarius, the poolside restaurant;and visit the stylish Harbour Bar.
Signature experiences such as the afternoon tea at Sea Lounge and private dining at the Chef’s Studio make your stay with us truly memorable.Mumbai’s original luxury hotel has 11 newly refurbished halls and venues, ideal for occasions ranging from formal meetings to elaborate weddings. The Ballroom, spacious enough for 450 guests, is perfect for conferences and grand private events.You could opt for a private dinner or yacht party if you are looking to entertain in true style. Our globally acclaimed Golden Keys Concierge would be happy to help, and caters to all your requirements in the city. Come, experience the legend.
Discover the story behind every pillar of The Taj Mahal Palace, overlooking the epochal Gateway of India. The hotel’s 560 rooms and suites, in the Palace and Tower wings, blend old-world charm and modern facilities.
The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, has some of the most renowned fine-dining restaurants in India. Discover tantalising Indian, Middle Eastern and Oriental cuisines, served with a dash of tradition and a sprinkling of innovation.
• Luxurious rooms & suites with iconic Arabian Sea & Gateway of India views
• Options of smoking & non-smoking accommodation
• Marble bathrooms with luxury bath amenities OR Five-fixture bathrooms with luxury bath amenities
• Complimentary Wi-Fi for resident guests
• Fine-dining speciality restaurants—Wasabi by Morimoto (Japanese), Golden Dragon (Chinese), Masala Kraft (Contemporary Indian) & Souk (Eastern Mediterranean)
• Shamiana, 24-hour multi-cuisine coffee shop
• Aquarius, poolside restaurant for resident guests
• La Patisserie
• Harbour Bar
• Sea Lounge
• 24-hour in-room dining
• Apollo Lounge
• Jiva Spa
• Taj Salon
• Large outdoor pool
• 24-hour fitness centre with Technogym equipment
• 24-hour on-call doctor & nurse
• Facilities for the disabled
• Central location in South Mumbai
• Located an hour away from the domestic & international airports
• 24-hour business centre, with seven meeting rooms fully equipped with modern conferencing facilities, high-speed Wi-Fi, secretarial assistance, interpretation facilities & workstations
• Palace rooms, with access to Palace Lounge, butler service & other facilities
• Valet parking facility
• Golden Keys Concierge & multilingual staff
• Travel desk, car rental services, currency exchange, safe deposit lockers & 24-hour laundry
• Kids@Taj programmes & baby-sitting services for young guests
• Heritage walks for resident guests City tours on request