Built between 1928 and 1943, Umaid Bhawan Palace is a magnificent piece of Rajasthan’s heritage, and a symbol of new Jodhpur. Home of the erstwhile Jodhpur royal family and currently the world’s sixth-largest private residence, the palace has one thing in common with the iconic Taj Mahal at Agra—the palm court marble used in its construction.
Perched on Chittar Hill, the highest point in Jodhpur, Umaid Bhawan Palace inspires with exotic views of the historical Blue City, vast sand dunes, and intimidating Mehrangarh Fort. The palace is conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, close to the main shopping areas, and the Balsamand and Kalyana lakes.
The last of the great palaces of India, the property houses a family museum, as well as the resplendent Umaid Bhawan Palace. Set amidst 26 acres of lush gardens, with dancing peacocks and a subterranean Zodiac Pool, the luxury five-star Taj heritage hotel offers 64 utterly breathtaking Art Deco- style rooms and suites.
Tantalise your taste buds at Risala with authentic Rajasthani and Indian cuisine. Discover an array of European and Mediterranean delicacies at Pillars, set in a lovely colonnaded veranda. Unwind at the Trophy Bar with its unique hunting-themed décor and vast selection of alcoholic beverages and cigars.
Pamper yourself with rejuvenating signature treatments and therapies at the Jiva Grande Spa, or soothe your mind and body with yoga and meditation.Take a heritage walk and relive a fascinating bygone era brought to life through majestic monuments.
Soak in the original architecture of a fascinating bygone era and discover the rich history of a palace that has enjoyed actual royal company—Maharani BadanKanwar of Jodhpur having lived here. Stroll through the lush, landscaped Baradari Lawns, perfect for those who have always envisioned a fairy tale wedding.
Come, experience luxury like the royals did.
Live like royalty at the luxurious Umaid Bhawan Palace. Set amidst 26 acres of lush gardens, this magnificent Taj hotel in Jodhpur offers you 64 grand rooms and suites in the renowned Art Deco style.
Umaid Bhawan Palace has the most charming restaurants and lounges in Jodhpur. Enjoy Continental or Fusion Indian cuisine, try a royal barbecue, or unwind kick back at our sports-themed bar with finger food and cocktails.
• 22 rooms
• 42 suites
• Luxurious rooms & suites with glorious garden views
• Options of smoking & non-smoking accommodation
• Makrana marble bathrooms with bathtubs & luxury bath amenities
• Complimentary Wi-Fi for resident guests
• Fine-dining Continental & Fusion Indian restaurant—Risala Pillars, an open-air all-day diner Trophy Bar
• 24-hour in-room dining
• Jiva Grande Spa
• Large indoor and outdoor & kiddie pools
• fitness centre
• Yoga facilities
• Billiards & pool tables
• Croquet facilities
• Cemented tennis courts
• Marble squash courts Golf, polo & horse riding on request
• 24-hour on-call doctor & nurse
• Facilities for the disabled
• Located on Chittar Hill, the highest point in Jodhpur
• Close to the domestic airport
• 24-hour business centre, with four meeting rooms fully equipped with modern conferencing facilities, high-speed Wi-Fi, secretarial assistance, interpretation facilities & workstations
• Indoor and outdoor parking facility for up to 100 cars
• Concierge & multilingual staff
• Travel desk, car rental services, currency exchange, safe deposit lockers & 24-hour laundry
• Kids@Taj programmes & baby-sitting services for young guests
• Heritage walks
• City tours